1) Odisha- 16th state to ratify Goods and Services Tax (GST) bill
2) The 2-day “BRICS Convention on Tourism” started at Khajuraho (Madhya Pradesh) (Brazil, China, India, Russia and South Africa)
3) The Senate of the Brazilian Parliament impeached Dilma Rousseff, country’s first female president, and removed her from office for the rest of her term
4) First U.S. commercial flight in last 5 decades landed in Cuba from Fort Lauderdale (U.S.) to Santa Clara (Cuba)
5) A person booking a train ticket through the IRCTC website will be able opt for travel insurance cover 10 lakh for a premium of 92 paise
It does not cover children up to 5 years of age and foreign citizens. It is for passengers holding tickets such as confirmed, RAC and wait-listed ones.
The scheme offers travellers/nominees/legal heirs a compensation of Rs. 10 lakh in the event of death or total disabilty, Rs.7.5 lakh for partial disability, up to Rs. 2 lakh for hospitalisation expenses and Rs. 10,000 for transportation of mortal remains from the place of a train accident or where an untoward incident, including terrorist attack, dacoity, rioting, shootout or arson, occurs.
The scheme has been implemented by IRCTC in partnership with ICICI Lombard General Insurance, Royal Sundaram General Insurance and Shriram General Insurance selected through a bidding process.
6) Banks to allow customers to register their mobile numbers through any ATM. Mobile numbers are also used to send one-time passwords (OTPs) in transactions where the credit card is not present.
7) Supreme Court quashed the allotment of 1,000 acres by the former CPI (M)-led government in West Bengal to Tata Motors it’s allotted in 2006
9) Sony Pictures Networks India acquire TEN Sports Network from Zee Entertainment in $385 million (Rs 2,600 crore).
10) Rs. 350 per day new minimum wage for unskilled non-farm.
11) A panel of the European Union ordered Apple Inc. (US) to repay $14.5 billion (€13 billion) to Ireland as penalty for tax benefits it enjoyed from a selective tax treatment provided by a European country.
12) Indian wrestler (60 Kg) Yogeshwar Dutt got an Olympic medal (Silver Medal) upgrade for his 2012 (London Olympic) bronze medal as a Russian wrestler Besik Kudukhov was found guilty of using banned substances.
13) England posted the highest ever one-day international (ODI) total of 444 runs as they beat Pakistan by 169 runs at Trent Bridge
14) Michel Temer sworn in as new Brazil president
15) PV Sindhu is brand ambassador of CRPF and bestow the honorary rank of Commandant (as Superintendent of Police (SP) on the ace badminton player.
16) Dogri writer Padma Sachdev gets Saraswati Samman-2015. for her autobiography 'Chitt-Chete' in Dogri language.
17) Ananth Kumar launches ‘Pharma Sahi Daam’ mobile App for Availability, Affordability and Accessibilityof Pharma.
18) National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) with 26 Bharat Bill Payment Operating Units (BBPOUs). like electricity, water, gas, telephone and Direct-to-Home (DTH).
19) First military heritage website launched (coloursofglory.org) at Chennai.
20) Jharkhand becomes first state to implement PFMS-Public Fund Management System (PFMS).
21) 14th ASEAN-India Summit and 11th East Asia Summit held at Vientiane, Lao PDR
Association of South East Asian Nation-(10 nations)
HO –Jakarta (Indonesia)
22) Islamic banking provide interest-free loan
23) Canada’s British Columbia became the first foreign government issuer of masala bonds, to raising Rs.5 billion through a rupee-denominated bond on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
24) Pope Francis officially declared Mother Teresa a saint now she knows as St. Teresa of Calcutta
She was the founder of the ‘Missionaries of Charity’ in India she got Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.
25) Urjit Patel appointed 24th RBI Governor. He replaced Raghuram Rajan.
Worked at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) from 1990 to 1995
Osborne Smith (1 April 1935 to 30 June 1937)
26) 11th G20 Summit Concludes in Hangzhou, China
19 Countries with European Union
Xi Jinping, President of China.
12th G20 summit 2017 to be held in Hamburg, Germany.
27) Now extended days of ULIP- unit-linked insurance plans revival option for 90 days to 2 years by IRDAI
28) Pellet guns replaced by chilli-based PAVA shells -Pelargonic Acid Vanillyl Amide (Nonivamide)
29) The Guinness World Records officially declared India’s Majuli Island (Assam) as the World’s largest river island (fluvial island) Till now Brazil’s Marajo Island (in the Amazon River) was till now the largest river island in the World
Majuli Island is surrounded by Subanisri River (Main Brahmaputra River) The island has total 144 villages with 160,000 population and a density of 180 individuals per square km.
30) Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) completed 60 years (1956-2016)
LIC nationalized in 1956 by 250 private life insurance companies
Estimated asset value of LIC is Rs. 1,560,482 crore (US$230 billion).
31) Trinamool Congress (TMC) declared as a National Party
It is a recognised State party in West Bengal, Manipur, Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh.
India has seven recognised national parties – the Congress, the BJP, the BSP, the CPI, the CPI (M), the NCP and the All India Trinamool Congress.
32) Bank stressed assets permitting to be sold to other lenders, including non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) and financial institutions.
Till now the banks were permitted to sell stressed assets to securitisation companies and reconstruction companies.
33) Navjot Singh Sidhu, as announced new party Awaaz-e-Punjab
34) Kiran M Shaw appointed 'Chevalier del' Ordre National de la Legion d'Honneur' (Knight of the National Order of the French Legion of Honour)
35) SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, satellite destroyed in explosion at Cape Canaveral launch pad during a test also destroying a commercial satellite that Facebook had planned to use to extend Internet access in Africa.
36) CCI slaps Rs 6700 crore fine on 10 cement companies
ACC, Lafarge, Ultratech, Jayprakash Associates, Binani and their trade association the Cement Manufacturers Association (CMA) on charges of cartelisation in the sector.
37) World's first made-in-India leprosy vaccine out on pilot basis
38) Serena Williams sets women's record of 307 victories in grand slams Martina Navratilova's record of 306 wins.
39) India Post releases commemorative postage stamp on Saint Teresa
40) Kerala appoints Sachin as brand ambassador for anti-liquor campaign
41) Abhinav Bindra announces retirement from shooting
42) Rajasthan launches e-stamping facility
43) Section 124 A define sedition case in the Indian Penal Code-IPC (1860) but this section included in 1870.
44) The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) stated that the Giant Panda is now classified as a “vulnerable” instead of “endangered” species This reflects its growing numbers in the wild in southern China.
Its Symbol of WWF- World Wildlife Fund for Nature
45) Australia scored ever 263 run in T20 internationals against SriLanka
46) World number one Serena Williams set a new Grand Slam record of 308 victories with a win over Yaroslava Shvedova of Kazakhstan at the US Open in New York
47) Sikkim is the cleanest State in the country its survey carried by the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO)-2015 Kerala (2) Mizoram (3) Worst is Bihar
Mandi (Hills) and Sindhudurg (Plains) cleanest district
48) ICICI first bank in India to deploy ‘software robots’
49) Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was banned by the Ministry of Civil Aviation on board aircrafts in India
50) Indian Railways implemented the dynamic surge pricing system (or flexi-fare system) on an experimental basis in the air-conditioned and Chair Car coaches of the three trains – Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto
51) INSAT-3DR India’s third meteorological satellite launched by GSLV-F05 rocket by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Others are Kalpana-1, INSAT-3D. Launched from shri Harikota (AP)
53) The first edition of Internet of Things (IoT) India Congress started at Bengaluru. For collaborate, ideate and share a common road-map for IoT implementation.
Information Technology (IT) and Electronics Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad.
54) Apple Inc. CEO Tim Cook launched iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
55) #Gas4India campaign was launched by the Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry for promoting the use of gas in the country.
56) Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd (HPCL) launched dynamic fuel pricing. It means the cost of a product could be flexible.
57) Deepak Pental and his colleagues at the Delhi University developed GM mustard. its first indigenously developed GM food crop of India.
58) Former India captain Anjum Chopra awarded an honorary life membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
60) Asia's biggest digital library started at Silchar (Assam)
61) WHO certifies Sri Lanka free from Malaria.
62) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited (GRSE)-Kolkata handed over the Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (WJFAC), “Tihayu” to Indian Navy. INS Tarmugli is the first ship of the same series.
63) UN Charter translated into Sanskrit (English, French, Mandarin ,Arabic, Russian)
The Charter is available in all six official languages of the UN.
64) Helpline no. 14401 for info on power cuts launched
65) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)-Bengaluru has successfully completed test flight of indigenous Light Utility Helicopter (LUH) at Bengaluru. The LUH will replace fleet of Chetak and Cheetah helicopters
66) Raam Reddy’s Kannada film Thithi was conferred the Best Film award at 1st BRICS Film Festival. Earlier won 68th Locarno International Film Festival, Marrakech International Film LP,Festival, 19th Shanghai International Film Festival and 63rd National Film Awards.
67) 15th Summer Paralympic Games began at Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
68) PepsiCo CEO and Chairman Indra Nooyi was ranked 2nd on the list of Fortune's 51 Most Powerful Women list. Topped by Mary Barra, CEO and Chairman of General Motors.
69) Former IAS officer J Satyanarayana has appointed as part-time chairperson of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The post has been lying vacant following resignation of Infosys co-founder Nandan Nilekani’s resignation in 2014.
70) NASA launches first mission to collect samples from asteroid. The unmanned spacecraft, known as OSIRIS-REx, blasted off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
71) India’s Mariyappan Thangavelu won gold medal in the men’s high jump at the Rio Paralympics.
Deepa Malik won silver medal in shotput event
Varun Singh Bhatti won Bronze medal in men’s high jump.
In Paralympics history, India’s other two gold medals were
Murlikant Petkar (swimming in 1972 Heidelberg, West Germany)
Devendra Jhajharia (javelin throw in 2004 Athens)
72) The United States and Russia announced a landmark agreement for military partnership in Syria for Cease fire
73) Stanislas Wawrinka (Switzerland) won US open against World No. 1 Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
Angelique Kerber (Germany) won US open against Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic)
74) Maharashtra’s Aundh District Hingoli has been chosen for LIGO (Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory) project that proved existence of gravitational waves.
Its third laboratory
1) Hanford, Washington 2) Livingston, Louisiana.
75) The Union Cabinet approved setting up of the GST Council for The decision on the final GST rate under Constitutional Article 279A
76) The Supreme Court modified of its earlier order to release 15,000 cusecs water to 12000 Cusec water from Cauvery River to Tamil Nadu in a day
77) Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has commissioned the offshore patrolling (OPV) vessel, Sarathi, at Goa Shipyard Ltd (GSL),
78) For maintaining the records and database of Indian students studying abroad, Government of India has launched a Student Registration module in MADAD portal (madad.gov.in).
79) Indian Council of Food and Agriculture (ICFA) have awarded Odisha as Best Agriculture State-2016
80) West Indies opener Chris Gayle launches his autobiography 'Six Machine' in India
81) HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company (HDFC ERGO) has acquisition of 100 percent shares of L&T General Insurance Company (L&T Insurance) for Rs. 551 crore.
82) World’s 1st robotic eye operation performed in Britain
83) Government launches toll-free number 1924 for postal complaints (Dalhousie)
84) Army Green beat Neroca FC to win Durand Cup football title.
85) BS Baswan Committee for reform in UPSC pattern also advice to reduce Age for General Categories from 32 to 26
86) The 17th Summit of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) is held at Margarita Island (Venezuela) Participated by Vice-President Hamid Ansari not attained by Prime Minister.
87) former Chief Minister Nabam Tuki, all the Congress MLAs of Arunachal Pradesh including Chief Minister Pema Khandujoined a new political front People’s Party of Arunachal Pradesh (PPA)
88) India free from Avian Influenza (H5N1).
89) Bayer AG is a German multinational chemical and pharmaceutical company takeover of GM seeds business Monsanto.
90) Anil Ambani-led Reliance Communications (RCom) will merge its wireless business with Aircel to create the country’s third-largest mobile operator by subscriber base. It’s behind Bharti Airtel and Vodafone.
91) Typhoon Meranti, also known as Typhoon Ferdie hit Philippines
92) Its fourth time in its history, the heads of states gathered for the UN General Assembly meeting for discussions on a burning global health is Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) It is the fourth such health concern after Ebola, non-communicable diseases and HIV.
93) India’s Devendra Jhajharia won gold in the men’s javelin throw event at the 2016 Rio Paralympics
Four medals – two golds, one silver and a bronze.
94) Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA) set an agency to raise Rs. 20,000 crore from loans and bond sales to fund infrastructure development at central higher educational institutions. including the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institute of Technology (NITs) and central universities.
95) iOS 10 latest release of the iOS operating system released by Apple Inc.
96) 14th September celebrated as a Hindi Divas because on this day in 1949, the Constituent Assembly of the country adopted the Hindi language as the official language of the Republic of India.
97) Andhra Pradesh becomes second state to achieve 100% electrification after Gujarat
98) HP, Acquire Samsung Printer Business in $1.05 Billion
99) Jim Yong Kim heads for second term as World Bank president
100) Gautam Gambhir-led India Blue has won Duleep Trophy Cricket tournament held at Greater Noida. Defeated India Red, captained by Yuvraj Singh
101) 27 cities declared smart city mission under third list
Union Urban Development Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu.
A maximum of five cities from Maharashtra (Aurangabad, Kalyan-Dombivali, Nagpur, Nashik and Thane) Rajasthan (Ajmer and Kota). Gujarat (Vadodara), Sikkim (Namchi) and Nagaland (Kohima) has been selected in this round.
102) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance issued IPO worth Rs. 6,057 crore is the first initial offering by an Indian insurance company.
Its second biggest IPO after Coal India Limited (CIL), which raised Rs. 15,000 crore via the capital market route in 2010.
103) Brahamdagh Bugti Baloch leader of Pakistan he will formally file asylum papers to the Indian Government now he is currently living in exile in Switzerland. India last granted political asylum to the Dalai Lama in 1959.
104) Param-Ishan supercomputer launched at IIT Guwahati. Is the fastest supercomputer of the Northeastern region of the country Supercomputer has been developed jointly by C-DAC and IIT Guwahati. It has the computing power of 250 Teraflops per second and capacity up to 300 Tera bites.
105) Alka Sirohi new Chairman of the UPSC
The UPSC is headed by a chairman and can have a maximum of 10 members. It conducts civil services examination of Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS) among others.
106) Former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan resumed his academic role in Booth School of Business (University of Chicago)
107) 18 soldiers of the Indian Army were killed at Army camp Uri (Baramulla
108) The Indian Navy’s deployed destroyer ship, INS Mormugao, from Mumbai’s Mazgaon Docks
The first ship under P-15B was INS Visakhapatnam (2011)
109) SC stayed an order of the NGT that directed authorities like railways to seek prior environmental clearances (ECs) for their projects
110) 2016 Rio Paralympics
China won total 237 medals including 105 gold medals, 81 silvers and 51 bronze.
Britain was second 147 medals (64 gold medals, 39 silvers and 44 bronze)
Ukraine was third with 117 medals (41 gold medals, 37 silvers and 39 bronze).
India at 42nd Rank with 4 medals (2 gold medals, 1 silver and 1 bronze)
111) India has successfully test-fired its new, long-range surface-to-air missile jointly developed with Israel from Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur.
112) Russian President Vladimir Putin’s United Russia party won a huge victory in the country’s parliamentary election.
113) First Indian music-dance festival starts in Australia
114) Deaf shooter Priyesha Deshmukh wins bronze in first-ever, first World Deaf Shooting Championships held in Kazan, Russia. (10m air rifle category)
115) Punjab National Bank appointed Virat Kohli as its new brand ambassador
116) China, launched its second experimental space station Tiangong 2, from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center on the edge of the Gobi Desert in northern China.
117) 68th Emmy Awards, television's biggest award ceremony, was held in Los Angeles 'Game of Thrones' won the best Drama Series award.
118) The Government planned to extend DBT to 147 schemes by March 2017.
Now working 74 Scheme of 17 Department
119) World's largest ship lift begins trial run in China. Designed by Chinese and German engineers on China's Three Gorges Dam began.
120) Indira Awas Yojana Renamed as Prime Minister Awas Yojana
Government is aiming to construct one crore houses by 2019 in Rural Areas.
121) Government merges Railway Budget with Union Budget advised by Bibek Debroy Committee
Separation advised in 1924 by Acworth Commission it was set up in 1921
The Cabinet also approved the date of presentation of the Union Budget to February 1, as against the current practice of presenting it on the last working day of February.
122) Bengaluru based Flipkart becomes 1st e-commerce in India to cross 100 million customers
123) Delhi's Race Course Road (PM residence Road) renamed as Lok Kalyan Marg
124) Mukesh Ambani tops Forbes' 100 Richest Indians list
Dilip Shanghvi remains at 2nd.
125) Centre appoints three members to Monetary Policy Committee
Chetan Ghate, Professor, Indian Statistical Institute
Pami Dua, Director, Delhi, School of Economics
Ravindra Dholakia, Professor, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
The members will have a term of four years
126) 500th test match of India held at Green park Kanpur against New Zealand. Ravindra Jadeja ,Man of the Match
India played its first Test against England at Lord’s in 1932. C.K. Nayudu led the Indian team.
127) HDFC Bank named India’s most valuable brand followed by Airtel and SBI in the list.
128) 36 Rafale Dassault Fighter plane deal cleared with France, cost 7.878 billion Euros. (58k Crore)
129) Oxford tops the list as the world's leading university followed by the California Institute of Technology, Stanford and Cambridge. According to Times Higher Education world rankings index.
130) "Citizen and Society" Book written by Vice President Hamid Ansari’s Role of women in a multicultural society to other dynamics of a democratic nation.
131) Navtej Sarna appointed Ambassador to the US
132) India International Seafood Show held at Vizag (Visakhapatnam) Andhra Pradesh.
133) Visaranai, the Tamil documentary drama crime thriller film has been chosen India’s official entry to Best Foreign Language Film category at the 89th Oscar Academy Awards to be held in 2017.
134) Japan to host 2026 Asian Games
South Korea Winter Olympics at Pyeonchang in 2018, 2022-Beijing (WO)
Tokyo hosts the 2020 Summer Olympics
135) 100th Birthday of former Jan Sangh leader Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay was celebrated on 25 September 2016. Upadhyay was born on 26 September 1916 in Mathura. BHU
136) Number 1969 has been chosen help line for Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) because Mahatma Gandhi was born in 1869 & its centenary year of Birth.
137) Google launched ‘Allo’, instant messaging app
iMessage (Apple) Facebook, WhatsApp messenger
138) ‘Indra-2016’, the joint military exercise between Russia and India started from Primorsky Territory
139) India’s first inter-State river interlinking project is Ken-Betwa Project Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh, in Bundelkhand.
140) Hindustan Diamond Company Private Limited (HDCPL) is a 50:50 joint-venture between Government of India and De Beers Centenary Mauritius Ltd (DBCML). It was formed in 1978 with the primary objective of serving the small and medium diamond jewellery exporters, who have no direct access to rough diamonds. Now it’s defunct
141) 86 tourist MoUs worth 15,000 crores.
Gujarat 9000 crores, Karnataka 2600 crores, Rajasthan 1000 crores, Uttarakhand 500 crores and Chhattisgarh with 12 crores.